Good Citizen Awards
The Goole Town Council Good Citizen Award is a way to acknowledge and celebrate members of the community who have improved the life of individual people or the town as a whole, who may otherwise go unrecognised.
Cllr Ross Turner, The Mayor of Goole, is asking the general public to nominate people who have given their time and efforts without seeking praise or reward, so that the Town Council might recognise their contributions.
Do you know somebody that has gone the extra mile for our community? Why not nominate them for this award?
There are two categories Young Citizen (under 18) and Adult Citizen (18 and over). The closing date for nominations is Tuesday 9 May 2023. The selection process will take place in May and the Awards will be given at our Annual Meeting on Thursday 18 May.
If you wish to know more or would like to nominate your unsung heroes please read the guidance notes and complete a nomination form.
- Nomination forms will name the individual being nominated together with the reason for nomination and will include the name and address of the person who is nominating.
- Any residents of Goole may be nominated.
- Nomination forms will be available to collect from Junction or they can also be downloaded from this website (see link below).
- A Nomination will not be allowed where the nomination is for something which has resulted in profit and / or personal gain for the nominee.
- The closing date is Tuesday 9 May 2023. Any nominations received after this time will not be accepted.
- The nominations will be judged by a panel consisting of The Mayor, Councillors and Council officers.
- Serving Members of the Town Council are not eligible to be nominated for an award.
- Presentation of the awards will be made by the Mayor at the Council’s Annual General Meeting.
- The recipients will receive a certificate and an award in recognition of their achievement.
- If nominating an individual under 18 years of age then permission must be sought from the parents/ guardians. The permission slip must be returned with the nomination form for the nomination to be included.
- The Council may choose to produce a short video of each shortlisted nomination and the consent of nominees may be sought for this.